Skip to main content

Oh, please . . .

Tiger Wood's Apology http://edition.cnn.com/2010/US/02/19/tiger.woods/index.html

I know this isn't a piece of Canadiana, however, the "sport" of golf is near and dear to the hearts of many males in my family. This caught my attention. As it was supposed to.

Splashed all over the home page of CNN's website today, I found articles, video clips and slide shows of  Tiger Woods' very public apology. In case you don't follow the sports news, Tiger is a bit of a golf phenom. But he's been a bad boy. His wife and kids took off when they found out he'd been involved in numerous extramarital affairs and who knows what else. Advertising endorsements dropped off as well. Tiger slipped out of the golf world and has spent the last several months digging himself out of a very deep hole. Now he comes on national television to apologize for his behavior. Honestly, who gives a rip? The guy plays a good game of golf and earns millions doing it. Good for him. We don't care about his dirty laundry and whether he is sorry or not.

CNN, shame on you for making this a media circus while the real newsworthy stuff gets pushed to the bottom of the pile.

Tiger Woods, shut your pie hole and go home. Come back in five or ten years after you've grown up and got your act together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wilfred Laurier 1907 Speech

--> I think this is is something that needs to be forwarded until every Canadian with a computer receives it. The year is 1907, one hundred and three years ago. -->   Wilfrid Laurier's ideas on Immigrants and being a Canadian in 1907. 'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes a Canadian and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet a Canadian, and nothing but a Canadian.  T here can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is a Canadian, but something else also, isn't a Canadian at all. We have room for but one flag, the Canadian flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and t...

Revival

It's been seven years since the last post. Back then, I thought North America was going to hell in a handbasket. Little did I know what was to come. Looking back, I long for the days when heating oil in a basement was the worst of my worries when it came to the stupidity of humanity. These days, I can't even read the news without getting anxious, stressed out, and just plain pissed off. So SYPH and GH is being revived. I couldn't care less if anyone reads this or not. It's more of a venting outlet than anything. Opinions that were strong when this all started are even stronger. The divide between the right and the left is even wider. My commentary will likely be even more colourful. If you don't like it, well, you can just shut your pie hole and go home.

Blasphemy!

A Jesus Christ cartoon is in development at Comedy Central .  "JC is a playful take on religion and society with a sprinkle of dumb.”  This comment makes me wonder just how many Christians and biblical scholars are involved in the creation of this show.  My guess is a big, fat 0. I personally believe that Comedy Central has already gone too far.  I thought cartoons were supposed to be for kids.  Since when is animation R rated?  Apparently clean humour is no longer appreciated. While I appreciate good humour like any real Canadian, I take offense as a Christian when non-believers take all respect and honour away from my Saviour.  I have no doubts that God loves to laugh, the Bible speaks often of the joy of the Father.  I can only imagine Jesus laughing and joking around with his disciples, but to place God in the role of an apathetic, video-gaming father?  That's offensive.  That's disrespect. I'm all for promoting Christianity in...